Friday, February 4, 2011

'DJ' Pauly D





So for those of you who follow me on twitter you might remember that I was at the 'DJ' Pauly D show at Gossip last Wednesday. As expected the music was not what you can usually get for $35 in Vancouver but my interest was the experience itself and not the music this time.


One thing that was unexpected was the crowd. Girls were in their hottest outfits and as each of them shamelessly puckered up in front of the bathroom mirrors, you could see it in their eyes: the secret (or not so secret) desire to get Pauly's attention and be the chosen lady who gets to do him. But let me tell you the sexual drive is a powerful drug and those girls were primal, survival of the fittest was definitely the theme of the crowd. 




I was at Bloody Beetroots last November and Skrillex in January and even compared to those young kids full of energy, high on fuck knows what, these guidette wannabes were fucking tough to keep up with. Granted I'm 5'1" and was in a sea of heeled girls in all shapes and sizes but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at holding my ground in a raging crowd. 


One girl tried to climb up the bars to the booth and the bouncer had to literally punch her down cuz she was not giving up. Was outside having a cig and one big blondie had to be tamed by four huge bouncers, which took them long enough for me to finish a cig, which if you smoke you know that's a pretty decent length of time. I'm not gonna exaggerate though, there were some surprisingly nice girls and other chicks going just for kicks. 




Anyway can't say much about Pauly D. As a DJ he was definitely not doing it for me but I just watched the latest episode of Jersey shore tonight and I realized he's got some game so I guess I can see where the crazy fans come from. Didn't get any decent pics so I stole some off nightbat.com where I bought the tix for the show.




Annnddd these are the shots I got...






Yes, 90% of my pictures are of people taking pictures. Hopefully the videos are more helpful:






Dada Life next Friday! Stay tune for a post on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow aphra_fiera on Twitter