Friday, February 4, 2011

Coffin Construction






A few years back I built a coffin. It was the first time I worked with power tools or did anything carpentry-related so there was a lot of blood and sweat put into this project. Additionally I installed broken mirror pieces in the inside of the coffin and the idea was that the audience would enter the coffin and be closed inside it with a flashlight, forced to face our inherit fear of death. It's definitely structurally weak as a coffin but I guess the art of it is in the interactive experience of laying inside. Here are some pictures of the process and final product:



No idea what I'm doing at this point.



Getting a feel for it.


My buddy testing it out.


Final product.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow aphra_fiera on Twitter